- Recommended for – School Leaders – Principals, Deputy Principals and Literacy Coordinators
- Course Presenter - Diana Rigg BA, B Ed, CPP-Dyslexia, M Ed, M SP Path
- Course length - 50 minutes
- Access to course - 90 days
- Certificate - Awarded upon completion
- Supporting materials - Reference material available for download
If you're ready to raise the literacy outcomes of the students across your school, PLD has the training, resources, and tools to fully support you. As a school leader, your role is to be the champion of the implementation, making sure that everyone in your teaching community has the professional development for teaching their current year level, is equipped with the right resources, and is confident with the tracking and screening processes.
At each step, PLD provides school leaders with the tools and resources to ensure a cohesive and easily managed rollout. We've created a dedicated course, especially for Principals, Deputy Principals, and Literacy Coordinators that takes you through the elements & benefits of the PLD Structured Synthetic Phonics Program.
The online course will cover professional development requirements, resource management and most importantly screening and tracking.
- Leading the implementation of PLD in your school community.
- Benefits of PLD's SSP.
- How can PLD be rolled out and/or managed within a school?
- Setting up the PLD Tracking Sheets.
- Warning. It is common to encounter teachers explaining "I am not very confident with tracking sheets!"
- As a School Leader, you need to be prepared to coach your team.
- Summary of using the PLD Tracking SHeets in the Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2 and beyond into middle and upper primary.
- Indications of successful implementation of PLD.
Pre-Literacy in the Early Years
Developing the skills for success(22) 4.9 average rating
Learning to Read, Spell and Write in Foundation
Developing the Skills for Success(27) 4.9 average rating
Synthetic Phonics within the Junior Primary
Catering for the range in ability(27) 4.9 average rating